TPC San Antonio opened in January 2010 with two 18-hole championship golf courses designed by two of golf’s most innovative architects: Pete Dye and Greg Norman. The golf courses offer two different playing experiences. Norman who collaborated with Sergio Garcia on the AT&T Oaks Course features narrow, tree-lined fairways. The AT&T Canyons Course features wide fairways and panoramic views of the adjoining 700+ acre nature preserve. The AT&T Oaks Course has served as the venue for the PGA TOUR’s Valero Texas Open since 2010.
TPC San Antonio is a private resort, only accessible to club members and their guests as well as guests of the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa. In addition to two challenging golf courses, TPC San Antonio features a 23-acre practice facility with two putting and short game practice areas as well as the best in golf instruction at the TOUR Academy. Whether you are seeking an environment for weekend golf or looking to entertain clients on the golf course, the possibilities at TPC San Antonio are endless.
TPC San Antonio, AT&T Oaks Course
The AT&T Oaks Course, designed by PGA TOUR legend Greg Norman with player consultant Sergio Garcia, reflects the TOUR's departure from the modern tournament style course (expansive grass areas and spectator mounding) to a more natural look and feel, without sacrificing the fan experience making it very tournament friendly. The AT&T Oaks Courses plays host to the PGA TOUR's Valero Texas Open.
Key course features:
- Traditional design that balances narrower tree-lined fairways with wider fairways offering multiple routes (i.e., strategic options) to the green
- Intimate design with narrow corridors carved through oak trees
- Only 100 feet of fall from the high point of the course to the lowest
- Bunkering will reflect a natural, rugged "minimalist" with edges emulating the canopy of the native oak trees
- Native grasses and plant are prevalent throughout the course
- Par-72, 7,435 yard course, with forced carries on only two holes
- Downhill holes play into the prevailing wind, uphill holes play downwind
- Bermuda grasses were specially selected for this course to provide optimum playing conditions, diversity in color and texture and environmental sensitivity. Putting Greens are Champions Bermuda. Fairways are Tifsport Bermuda. Roughs are Bandera Bermuda. Collars, Approaches and Tee Tops are Emerald Bermuda. Outer Corridors are Native Texas grasses.
JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa
Just 20 minutes from downtown San Antonio and the airport, the JW Marriott San Antonio Resort and Spa is situated in Texas Hill Country in Cibolo Canyons, where crystal clear streams and towering oak and cedar trees meet the majesty of the hills. The elements of authentic roots, hacienda style, beautiful views and healing waters serve as the inspiration in bringing this magnificent resort to life. The Hill Country resort features 1,002 hotel rooms, 265,000-square-feet of meeting and event space, the sophisticated Lantana Spa, and world-class accommodations blended with Texas hospitality.