As a ‘thank you’ to our hardworking and loyal volunteers, it is our pleasure to reward those who have gone the extra mile in support of the Valero Texas Open with the opportunity to play a round (or two) of golf at TPC San Antonio. Thank you for reading closely the new changes below, as it relates to the booking method as well as the strict transferring process.
- Volunteers who work 18 hours or more for the Valero Texas Open are eligible to receive one (1) round of golf at TPC San Antonio
- Volunteers who work 30 hours or more are eligible for a second round of golf at TPC San Antonio
- If you want to golf with a friend that did not volunteer you must transfer one of your rounds or have them pay the discounted rate of $99
- You are only able to accumulate two rounds
Volunteers will be charged a fee of $25 plus tax per round of golf redeemed at TPC San Antonio.
Volunteer golf rounds may be transferred to another individual by filling out the transfer form on tpc.com/sanantonio/volunteer-appreciation beginning April 8th, 2019 and no later than May 20th, 2019 by 9:00 A.M. Central Time; no exceptions. Volunteers who earn two rounds of golf may keep one and transfer one, transfer both or keep both. If you don’t transfer by this date, you WILL NOT have the ability to transfer at a later time, and we ask that all volunteers respect the firm deadline.
Golf rounds may be redeemed for play May 20 thru October 20, 2019. When making your plans, please note that both of the courses are closed until 11 A.M. one per week for maintenance. These times may be adjusted at the discretion of the course.
*TPC San Antonio has a private membership, one course each day is strictly members only and you will not be able to book your volunteer round on it. The member only golf course is on a rotation determined by the TPC golf staff 75 days in advance. Additional course closures include:
Additional Course Closures
- AT&T Oaks Course
- June 17th - 21st 2019
- August 12th - 16th, 2019
- AT&T Canyons Course
- May 15th - 19th, 2019
- July 15th - 19th, 2019
- Monday - Friday (ANYTIME; Booked no earlier than 48 hours in advance on the non-member course)
- Saturday - Sunday (After 10 A.M.; Booked no earlier than 48 hours in advance on the non-member course)
- Golf round(s) MUST be scheduled online by visiting the link provided above. The online system will only allow reservations 48 hours prior to your desired day/time of play.
- You must have two (2) players in order to book a tee time. No singles will be booked.
- If a Volunteer fails to show for their scheduled tee time, the golf round will be forfeited. NO exceptions.
Eligibility will be Checked at the Golf Shop Counter
All VTO volunteers will need to sign in when redeeming their round to ensure the $25 rate. All guests of volunteers will be $99 plus tax. If your name is not on the list, you will need to wait until the Valero Texas Open tournament office has been reached and is able to confirm your eligibility. Once verified volunteers will need to adhere to the booking policy outlined above.
Guests playing with a Volunteer redeeming their Volunteer golf round will receive a discounted guest fee of $99 plus tax per guest.
If inclement weather closes the course or prohibits you from finishing your round on the day that you have scheduled your volunteer round, TPC San Antonio staff will determine alternate arrangements (within our window of play). No additional dates will be added after October 20, 2019, so do not wait until the last day to play your round.
Thank you again for your time, energy and dedication to the Valero Texas Open. We hope you enjoy playing where the pros play -- TPC San Antonio!
Become a Volunteer
The Valero Texas Open wouldn’t be possible without the more than 2,000 volunteers that help put on the tournament. Because of their efforts, the Valero Texas Open is able to raise significant amounts of money for charity... $15M in 2019 alone. Please help us give back to the community by becoming a volunteer.